Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love is in the air...

I made a card on a snowy Sunday afternoon that I want to enter in a couple Valentine challenges.  Here's the card:



I used Crate Paper Fourteen collection 6x6 papers, Unity's "Tulips and Daisies", and Close To My Heart's Whoooo's Your Valentine stamp sets.  The focal image was painted with Creative Inspirations paints using Tickled Pink, Blush, Winter Frost, Mocha Latte, Sunshine, and Sage.

I am entering this card in the Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by: Valentine's Day challenge, and the Ribbon Carousel's Love is in the air challenge.


Next, I have some boxes I've been working on for our Sweetheart dinner in the nursing home.  The married couple are invited to a special dinner just for them and I've been working on the table decorations.  These boxes will be part of the centerpieces.

I cut the boxes out using my Silhouette and files from SVGcuts.com.  The 12x12 papers are Trinity Company's Sincerely  (boxes on the left and right) and Echo Park's Yours Truly (middle box).  They are decorated with bling from my stash and 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon.  I'll probably put some chocolates in them for the sweetheart dinner.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty card! That stamp is really nice with the tulips. Still waiting to see the dog signed card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, but I'm flipping over those adorable boxes! WAY cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute, you did a nice job coloring I just love your treat boxes to
    Thank you for joining us at Creative inspiration paints.
    CI design team member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tulip stamp! I didn't get it or the paints-yet! I am amazed at your box making abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Julie love the tulip stamp, join us again Thanks for joining us at CI Paints

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love those Unity Tulips Julie. Awesome coloring. Those boxes are so stinking cute...if I lived any closer I would be invading your house and snagging them since I don't have a Silhouette to make my own ;)
    Beautiful Projects!
    Thanks for linking up to the 3D Valentine Day Challenge at 3 Girl JAM.
    :O)
    Jessica B
    3GJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! LOVE the shimmer!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't mind, but I shared it on our Facebook page!! :)

    ReplyDelete