Friday, May 24, 2013

Dog Claws Throw Curve Balls for FWF!

Woot! It's Friday again and Unity is celebrating 14,000 FB fans! Check out their awesome promotion and some stamps designed just for the event.  Really fun stuff that I expect we'll be seeing soon on FWF!

I had plans to make several cards for FWF when I scrapped with a couple friends after work on Wednesday.  The rolling tote got packed Tuesday evening and was ready to go.  Wednesday morning, while feeding the dogs, Sammy accidentally clawed me.  It went deep enough to knick a vein and require 10 stitches.  I worked 1/2 a day Wed and 6 hours Thursday.  When not working, I've been sitting with my leg elevated.  It is a position I can type in, but not make cards in. The evening of scrappin' with my friends had to be postponed.  I did sneak a quick card in Wed (I'm type A -- I got bored), and I ran outside and got a few quick pics of some flowers on Thursday.  Other than that, I'm behaving -- really!

Remember the snowstorm pictures from May 2?  Well, I wanted you to know that spring really has come to NW Wisconsin, so I have some flower pics from my yard.

 


Tulips and Trillium.  Yes, it is spring.  However, we have a frost warning for tonight, so I hope my flowers don't get damaged.

And now, for the only card I have to show you.  It's a very simple one.  Truly, it took me about 10 minutes to make.



It's graduation weekend here in Chetek. I needed a graduation card and this is it.  I wanted something bright and fun.  I used the Unity/Susan Weckesser set, "A Little bit Washi".  I stamped on white cardstock using Hero Arts Neon inks, then mounted it on a Close to My Heart Kraft card base.  The chipboard stars are from my friend DeeDee's company, Umwow Studio. There's lots of fun shapes to check out.  The twine is Grape Fizz from Trendy Twine. The Super Star sentiment is from a grab bag and was stamped with Gypsy Close to my Heart ink.

I've made the Joy's Life design team.  We're having our first blog hop with the old DT and new DT tomorrow.  Come join in the fun if you can!

I hope you have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Trendy Twine May Challenge -- Kraft and twine
D.L. Art Linky Party -- anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge -- anything goes
Ribbon Carousel -- Celebrations (Graduation)

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it onto another DT team!! Woot! :)

    Very nice card, Julie---hope you heal fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. Julie, another DT team? That's amazing!!
    I hope you are feeling better. 10 stitches sounds nasty... *hugs*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for a grad card! It's always fun to break away from the traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please feel better...know from expierence those accidental dog clawings can be painful. Love your grad card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad dog, no biscuit!! I hope you are okay, sounds really bad. Your card is simply cute! Love the bright colors.
    Congrats on the new DT!! I'll have to check it (sorry i've been absent, haven't had a whole lot of time for crafting lately) Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe you have such a green thumb! mine is brown. Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe how quickly you have pretty flowers after the snow. Congrats on your new DT. Fun celebration project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that neat card. and such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all -- OW! Feel better soon. Great card, and congrats on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Julie - Can't wait for DeeDee's chipboard to make its way over to me. Hope your leg heals quickly and properly - tsk, tsk on Sammy! I hope he helps to make you feel better... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julie sorry to hear about the stitches! Hope it is healing quickly. Your flowers are gorgeous! Our tulips didn't turn out very well this year. I think that 95 degree day made them grow too fast. We got rained out this afternoon with only 50 acres left to plant! FIL made it through all the fieldwork but he was really limping tonight!
    Great grad card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OUch! sorry about your accident! FUn card with the washi tape and stars & your flower photos are beautiful!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about what happened. Hope you get better soon. The card is beautiful. Take care and rest during the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie! Hope your leg is better. Your flowers look so beautiful!! Spring has definitely arrived where you are :) Your card is sweet, and I really like the sentiment Super Star on it! Perfect for graduation :)
    Congrats on making it to the Design team! Have a great weekend!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you heal quickly! The flowers and card are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better great card

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry about your leg! Take it easy and heal quickly. Your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card! I hope you are healing well and that you've had your tetanus shot recently!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for you're ouchie! Most of the scratches around here happen when my Jessie Girl decides to give you a hug. 90 lbs. up over the shoulder somehow always scratches my cheek as it happens. Hope it heals quickly. I do love this washi card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card, Julie! We were up north this weekend.. .not quite in your neck of the woods, but close. Finally the lake has thawed and our kids went IN. CRAZY KIDS. It was frozen 3 weeks ago!!! Yes, spring, but it's still cold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are feeling better! Great card!

    ReplyDelete