Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge -- favorite colors

Hello, and happy Wednesday! This is the last day of the work week for me.  I am leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day scrapbooking retreat.  I've never done anything like this before.  I'm driving 3 1/2 hours to a retreat center, meeting up with 7 other ladies I've only ever met online.  If I don't post next Wednesday, please send out a search party, LOL! My husband wonders how I know they are all trustworthy.  I feel I know them all quite well, and have no misgivings.  Well, except for Sharon Does Baskets.  She's a Chicago Bears fan.  That has me a little worried :)
Back to the challenge!  It's a new challenge at Whimsical Design, and it's gonna be a REALLY fun one! Everyone loves to work with our favorite colors, right? Well, this week, we get to do just that.

Our sponsor is the Paper Parade.
The winner of the challenge will get a $15 gift certificate to their great store!
Do your favorite colors change with the seasons?  Mine do.  In winter, I lean towards blues and browns.  Spring, is more soft pastels.  Summer finds me craving bright colors, and by Fall, I'm leaning towards greens, oranges, and browns.  So, when I was asked my favorite colors so our sponsor could send some product, I had to think about it for a bit.  I requested bubblegum pink and teal.
Here's the card I created with my wonderful papers:
 
 

The paper, from our sponsor, The Paper Parade, is Authentique Spring (from the Seasons Collection).  The image is a My Favorite Things stamp, Puppy Girl.  The sentiment, is of course, Whimsical Designs.  I love this font.  I love how crisply it stamps! It is the "With Love" stamp set, found HERE.
 
 
I colored the image with Copic markers and sponged around the outside with Tim Holtz distress ink in Spun Sugar.  The 3 Girl JAM ribbon is the cream ribbon from the coffee bundle. I used several Spellbinder dies on this card. And, a little bling from my stash.
This card was given to a friend when she got a new puppy.  Two friends got new puppies within a couple weeks of each other.  You saw one of the cards last week, and this one this week.  No puppies next week, I promise!
Pick out your favorite colors and join us at Whimsical Wednesday Challenges. And, visit the rest of the design team.  They're amazing!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is precious and I love the colour combo. Have fun on your retreat.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say your color combo turned out great. The image and coloring are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Fab color combo, and super cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Julie....totally sweet card!

    ReplyDelete