Thursday, August 22, 2013

Three Favorites for Your Next Stamp

Your Next Stamp is having a DT call!  And I'm excited! Some of my friends on Cropchocolate.com first got me interested in YNS.  But, I was hooked when a gal posted an adorable card using this stamp set:
 
And, what's so special about this stamp? Well, YNS designed it just for her.  She asked for a stamp that made a young boy look "spiffy cool", not nerdy.  And they did it.  I thought right then, "I'd love to work for a company like that."  So, here I am, submitting three of my favorite cards, and applying for their new digital design team.  Wish me luck!
 
This first card uses a Penny Black stamp and Echo Park Dots & Stripes papers.  I colored it with Copic Markers.
 
 
This second card, using a Sparkle Creations image and sentiment, is also colored with Copic markers.  It uses Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6x6 papers, and 3 Girl JAM Cherry Lipstick ribbon.  I sponged Tim Holtz distress ink (Spun Sugar) on the image while it was still in the Spellbinders Gold die.
 

And, I'm showcasing this third card for 2 reasons. First, it uses a digi stamp.  I want to show that yes, I can work with digis.  I use them often in my work.  Second, I really, really like how this card turned out.  It uses Fancy Pants Park Bench 12x12 paper, American Crafts glitter paper (I think -- I've had it forever), a digi from Sassy Studio Designs for the image and Unity Stamps for the sentiment.  Three Girl JAM ribbon and a Pinque Peacock stick pin finish off the card.  The sassy image is colored with Copic markers.
 
I'm keeping my fingers crosses and saying a little prayer that Your Next Stamps likes my work.

1 comment: