Monday, September 23, 2013

Buttons, Burlap, Kraft, or Twine -- for Joy's Life. And a winner!

Happy Monday, crafty friends.  It's all about using texture for a Fall-like feel this week with the Joy's Life design team.  Since yesterday was the first full day of Fall, we're right on track with these projects!
I used Kraft and twine for my Fall-feeling project, plus some autumn-like papers and falling leaves:
 


The sentiment is from Joy's Life "It's All Fall" stamp set.
 

You can find this set, and all her wonderful stamps, here in her store.
I used a cutting file from The Cutting Café for the "F-A-L-L" and the outline. The fall leaves are a Tim Holtz die, painted with Creative Inspirations paint. The papers used for the lettering are 12x12 Acorn Hollow by Little Yellow bicycle, mounted on a Kraft cardstock base (Close To My Heart).  The tag shape is cut with a Spellbinders die, and the twine is from Close To My Heart.
I promised to pick the winner of my blog candy and announce it today with my Joy's Life post.  I used Random.org to help me with the selection.  I entered my total # of comments from the hop, and Random.org picked comment #11.  Chriss America Real! You are the winner!  Halloween stamps, Halloween rub-ons, ribbons, embellishments, it's all heading your way, as soon as I get your address.
We barely hit 50 degrees here in WI today, with a cold North wind.  Yes, Happy Fall, Y'all!!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations Paint -- Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge -- Anything Goes
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday Linky Party -- Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy Linky Party -- Anything Goes
AUD sentiments challenge blog -- Fall with a sentiment
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. this is adorable Julie, really like the different paper patterns you used for a great fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so love love love this.....girl you so rock, that blue is just the perfect color behind the fall word...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Adorable! Congrats Chriss!!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did the little tag for the sentiment and those big letters are fab!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete