Monday, July 21, 2014

My First (Intentional) Monochromatic Card

It's Monday, and time for a new challenge at Eureka Stamps.  They don't call these things "challenges" for nothing!  This one scared me!  I have never intentionally made a monochromatic card, although I may have accidentally done it a time or two.  So, setting out to accomplish it set shivers down my spine!  But, I managed it, I think.   In fact, once I figured it out, I decided to make two:


and


I used Eureka Stamps digi 9702 on both of these cards, and colored it with Copic Markers.


The cards were both cut out on my Silhouette.  The butterfly pop up card is found in the Silhouette Online Store.  I used Echo Park cardstock on both cards (same piece of paper, just reversed).
Tell me, which card do you like best?  I can't decided...
And, don't forget to enter the Monochromatic Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- Thankful Thursday -- July Linky Party
Fairy Tale Stampers -- Summer (must use stamp/digi)
Totally Gorjuss -- Butterflies

9 comments:

  1. Great job...I think you aced the monochromatic challenge! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's waaay to hard to choose a favorite. I am just in love with the outside the box type card. That butterfly up top is fantastic. These monochromatic cards turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good, Julie. Monochromatic challenges aren't the easiest.

    LOVE your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew you were so frightened when you created this beauty! Your butterfly is spectacular. I will confess my dear...monochromatic cards freak me right out too! You, however, rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet, summerly cards!

    Thank you so much for joining at Fairytale Stampers Challenge :-)

    xx Karola xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at fariytale stampers.
    hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterfly pop up card is amazing. I love it! I must look for that in the Silhouette store! Amazing. Thank you for joning us at Totally Gorjuss!
    Hugs,
    Marie, DT

    ReplyDelete