Sunday, August 24, 2014

Joy is Not in Things -- for Fitztown

Hello, and happy Monday.  It's challenge time at the Fitztown Challenge blog. This week's theme is:  Banners or Pennants.  Banners make me think of a celebration.  I needed to make a birthday card for a very special friend celebrating her 60th birthday.  I didn't want it to be a typical birthday card, but rather, a beautiful card about happiness.  Fitztown's stunning images helped me achieve what I was after:


I used Fitztown digistamp Garden 9 on this card.  I love to color flowers, and sunflowers are one of my favorites.  So, this card was a joy to make. I used Copic markers to color the image.  I made the image quite large so it would be the showcase of the card.
Designer papers and sticker sentiment are from Close To My Heart.  Pearls are from Basic Grey.
I hope Lori likes her non-traditional birthday card!
Come enter the Fitztown Banners or Pennants Challenge.  You have 2 weeks!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Art by Miran -- ATG
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- August Linky Party
Stamplorations -- Stamps & diecuts
Graphit Challenges -- Summer Florals

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Julie
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is a beautiful card.

    gr. meggi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Lori loves it, it's beautiful. The die you've used for the framing is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is another beautiful creation. Loving the autumn hues. It is perfect for our 13th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, and just love the simplicity of your card and the soft colours work perfectly. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Autumnal feel to this card and i think its a great sentiment
    Thank you for entering in the Sisters of Craft Challenge
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie! Your project rocks! Thanks for joining us for the ATG challenge at Crafts Galore Challenge. Good luck and I hope you’ll join us in our next challenge!

    La-Vie B. – Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog DT
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - the die cut is perfect for this image.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Graph It Markers.
    Hugs
    Penni

    ReplyDelete