Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tis the Season for New Releases -- for Oddball Art

It's December 1, which means there are new releases in the Oddball Art's Etsy Store. I'm also part of the newly formed Oddball Art New Release design team, so you'll see creations from me every 1st and 15th of the month.  

Today, there are 8 (yes eight!) new releases found in the Etsy Store.  You'll see fantastic creations of all 8 digis over on the Oddball Art blog

Here's what I created for today's new release:


This first card uses image #271 -- Mr Sweets, the Fox.  It is one stamp, that I chose to separate into 2 distinct images.  I used Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor Pencils on the fox image, and fuzzy cut him.  The ornaments were colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment, papers, and fibers are from Close To My Heart.  The step card was cut out using a Sizzix die.   The shape behind the fox was cut with a Spellbinders die and embossed with a Close To My Heart embossing folder.

This second card, image #274 -- Tilly and Sprite - LOVE to be Reindeer, was mostly colored with Copic markers.   For the moon, I found a circle die (Spellbinders) the same size as the circle to use for a mask.  I then covered my colored Tilly and Sprite with a piece of scrap paper so I didn't get ink on them.  Using Tim Holtz Distress inks, I sponged the inside of the circle (the moon), until I got the color and shading I wanted.

The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Company.  

The rest of the card was created using Lifestyle Crafts circle dies in various sizes.  Designer paper is from October Afternoon.  Sequins are from JilliBean Soup. 

If you need (and you know you do!) any of today's new releases (or anything else in the Oddball Art Co. Store, please use discount code DTJULIE10 for 10% off of anything!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations -- ATG with a Twist of Christmas
Crafting from the Heart -- ATG
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
D.L. Art -- Dec Linky Party 
Craft it Up and Link It up (Craftin' Desert Divas) -- Christmas
Craft Your Passion -- ATG
The Pencil Case -- 'G' is for Green 

7 comments:

  1. Totally cute cards!! Love the fun images especially the fox!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are adorable Julie I like the way you colored the fox
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes DECEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards but my favourite is the second - super images!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
    Susan
    DT for Crafting from the Heart!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling images, very pretty cards,Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Tammi, Craft Your Passion DT
    makememories4life {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! Love what you did. My fav was the circle card. You did a great job.
    Thanks for playing along with our Christmas challenge over at Craftin' Desert Divas.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CDD DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. great projects!
    wish you a wonderful christmas time!
    Thanks for playing along in the Artistic Inspirations Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete