Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sweet Friend - for Coloring Without Boundaries

I'm posting today for Coloring Without Boundaries, using a Lacy Sunshine image, from the incredibly talented Heather Valentin.  Hang tight, it comes with a tutorial, so it's quite picture heavy.

First, the finished project, using Woodland Wisp 'Wispy':



I colored Woodland Wisp "Wispy" with Copic markers, and here is how I did it.

First, skin and hair.  I wanted her skin to be very fair, since I was making her a redhead.
Skin tone colors used were: E000, E00, E21, E34, R20, lips R21, R22
Hair -- YR14, YR27, E99


I used my favorite yellow combination on the flower.  Here's a step-by-step of the flower:

Y11 -- I start with the lightest color to saturate the area.

E18 -- then, I switch to the darkest color, using just a bit for shading.

E15 -- I add in the next darkest color, adding more shading.

Y17 -- here comes the darkest yellow shade.  I use quite a bit of this.

Y15 -- Here's the final hello, the midtone. I colored the middle of the flower in this step, too.

Now, it's time to go over the whole flower again with Y11, blending it all thoroughly.   Flower completed, and several more flowers on her shoulders are colored also.

All that's left is her dress, hair ribbons, and the ground she is standing on...

Flower stem -- G20, G21, G24, G28
Dress ruffle -- G20, G21, G82, G94, G99
Dress & Hair ribbons -- B12, B24, B28, B29, B99
Scarf -- R22, R24, R27, R29, R39, R59
Grass -- YG03, YG11, YG13, YG17
Flowers in grass -- YR12, YR14

Here she is, made into a card:

Papers are from My Mind's Eye, oval die is from Die-namics.  SVG cutting file for the card is from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons, crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM.

Follow the Coloring Without Boundaries blog each day for fantastic tips and tutorials.  Enter the challenge, too! You'll find more inspiration and fun in the Coloring Without Boundaries Facebook Group.

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
TTCRD -- ATG
Craft-Dee Bowz -- ATG with a homemade bow
IDCB -- ATG
Not Just Cards -- ATG
Outlawz Festive Friday -- Plant a Flower


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, such a cute image, love the colours!
    Hugs Donna xx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie, she is too adorable! Thanks for the tutorial; I have expanded my Copic collection lately and I'm practicing. Anyway, that background paper is great with your image. Very fun! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete